You Don’t Need Someone’s Permission to Live the Life You Want
“It’s your life; you don’t need someone’s permission to live the life you want. Be brave to live from your heart.”
― Roy T. Bennett
I have felt that in today's society we have been pushed to live in these boxes, where everything we do or say is looked at with skepticism, and any time anybody steps out of these boxes to live the life of their dreams — they get constantly challenged to be pushed back in one of these boxes.
Life is so much more than just getting through one day. I feel like life is and has to be about being brave enough to do more than just work, eat, sleep and repeat.
We all have certain expectations within ourselves about the life we want to live, some hide behind insecurities, phobias, or something else, instead of getting out there and fighting for what they deserve.
Being brave enough to push through and fight for the life you deserve is an everyday battle within you. Life can be super challenging and extremely hard sometimes, and I get it. But we all have only one life to live, so why do we settle for less than we deserve?
Every day we run in these circles, where we chase something that in the end won’t even matter because in the end, all we will think and reminiscence about are the good times spent with people we love, and about enjoying life’s beautiful adventures we got chance to experience.
From this day forward there are a few things to remember to do:
- Be brave enough to want more and do more
- Keep a clear picture in your mind about the life you want to live and strive for it
- Block out everybody else’s opinion about you and your life — you are in charge
- You don’t need to seek somebody else’s permission to live the life of your dreams
- Stand up for what you believe you deserve; stand up for yourself and your vision of life
- Seek beautiful life experiences and go on magical adventures
If you haven’t joined Medium but would love to, click here. By signing up for Medium through my referral link, I will receive a small commission.